All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProcedural writing collides with heightened emotion. Aaron Kunin believes that the part of yourself that you're most ashamed of is interesting and can be used as material for art. The poems of The Sore Throat , his second collection, come out of self-imposed semiotic limitation, yet manifest a fully inhabited psychological environment. Working with a limited vocabulary - 200 words derived from a nervous habit of transcription - and with specific source texts - Ezra Pound's Hugh Selwyn Mauberley and Maurice Maeterlinck's play Pelleas et Melisande - Kunin takes hymn, epigram, ode, elegy, ballad, conversation, invective, confession, epitaph, inability, protest, love poem (praise, valentine, aubade, seduction, defense of inconstancy), riddle, cosmogony, theodicy, vanity, and misplaced concreteness among his modes d'emploi. Combining rigorous formal procedure with a kind of automatic writing, The Sore Throat produces poems of unlikely, and heightened, sensitivity to nuances of feeling.
- Author BiographyAARON KUNIN is the author of Folding Ruler Star: Poems and a novel, The Mandarin. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Aaron Kunin
- PublisherFence Magazine Inc, Division of Fence Books
- Date of Publication15/11/2009
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFence Magazine Inc, Division of Fence Books
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.