All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLakeland Fellranger walking guidebook covering 23 summits in the Southern Fells of the Lake District, including a wide range of walks between Wryse and Hardktt passes, Harter Fell in the rth, the Coniston Fells in the east, Black Combe in the south and Muncaster in the west. Each of the 23 fells has a dedicated chapter describing a plethora of walking routes of differing characters and difficulties (from wide bridleways up to easy scrambles), which can easily be combined to make ascents, descents, traverses or ridge routes. The chapter begins with a customised Harvey map that illustrates the routes, and shows ridge connections to neighbouring fells to assist in the planning of extended walks. In many instances pen and ink drawn diagrams show the routes from a given perspective to assist visualisation. The guidebook is fully illustrated throughout with clear elevation diagrams, detailed summit paramas and lots of inspiring photographs. The Southern Fells is part of the eight-volume Lakeland Fellranger series by Mark Richards. Together they provide a comprehensive guide to explore and enjoy the fells of the Lake District, with a selection of routes up more than 220 hills.
- Author BiographyMark Richards moved to Cumbria in the early 1990s. Here he developed a passion for the finest of all walking landscapes, held within and around this marvellous county. Mark is well known for his guides to the Peak District and Hadrian's Wall. He is a founder of the Hadrian's Wall Trust, a member of the Outdoor Writers and Photographers Guild and broadcasts on BBC Radio Cumbria.
- Author(s)Mark Richards
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication13/03/2009
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note23 Harvey map extracts, plus elevations and summit panoramas
- Weight440 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsVinyl-covered,With ribbon marker(s)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.