Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.45Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionAN INFORMATIVE GUIDE TO AWE-INSPIRING LANDSCAPES OF THE GREATER SOUTHWESTa n-technical account of what they are, where they are, and how they came to befrom southern California to west Texas and rthern Mexico to rthern Utah & Nevada. Full of visual and factual surprises, this book is made to be enjoyed on many levels. The text blends travel tips, Native American legends, prehistoric and historic vignettes, andas a unifying themeexplanations of earthly processes and events that have shaped land, people, and wildlife. Readers will discover musical dunes and racing rocks, vanishing lakes and disaur tracks . . . which volcaes are potentially dangerous, what makes the Grand Canyon grand, how the Painted Desert got its colors, and much, much more. Over 300 color photographs, 33 drawings, and seven customized maps support the text. The back matter is packed with resources to help outdoor-adventure seekers plan their trips.
- Author(s)Maureen Wilks,Thomas Wiewandt
- PublisherWild Horizons Publishing, Inc.
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWild Horizons Publishing, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps
- Weight871 g
- Width207 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
- Edition Statement3rd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.