All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis reference analyzes and chronicles the Soviet occupation of and withdrawal from Afghanistan in the period from 1973 to 1990 by an observer in the area who relied on a variety of sources and cross-checked them carefully. The analysis of events leading to the Soviet withdrawal covers the important negotiations and relates them to the historic changes that were taking place in the Soviet Union and in its relationships to the rest of the world. This analysis and chrology is indispensable to students and researchers assessing the final years of the Soviet Union, events in Afghanistan, and current problems. A brief introduction precedes a discussion of the international implications of Soviet policy in Afghanistan, a description of the negotiations following years of crisis from 1973 to 1986, an analysis of the Soviet decision to withdraw, and the final years from 1988 to 1990. The chrology covering the Soviet intervention and withdrawal is detailed and occupies the main portion of this reference. An index makes important detail easily accessible to students and researchers in history, political science, military studies, and Soviet and Asian affairs.
- Author BiographyTOM ROGERS is a consultant for the U.S. Agency for Educational Development in Pakistan. He developed this guide first while a Fulbright scholar in Islamabad. He has served as a visiting professor of international relations and comparative politics in Rome and has earned awards from the UN and the Ford Foundation. His publications in American, British, and South Asian journals have addressed development and foreign policy issues.
- Author(s)Tom Rogers
- Date of Publication18/11/1992
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.