All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionHeppenheimer looks back at the shuttle's technical antecedents such as the X-15 rocket plane and rocket booster techlogies, and illuminates the principal personalities involved in the space shuttle decision and their motivations. He traces NASA's evolving programme goals, the technical calculations, political maneuvering, and fiscal constraints, and explains the myriad designs that preceded the shuttle concept. In closing, he looks in detail at the circumstances leading to the politically charged development decision of 1972.
- Author BiographyT. A. Heppenheimer is the author of seven books including The Space Shuttle Decision, 1965-1972: History of the Space Shuttle, Volume 1 (Smithsonian Books, 2002) and Countdown: A History of the Space Program (1995). He is a freelance writer and has written cover stories for many magazines, including American Heritage, Popular Science, and Science Digest.
- Author(s)T.A. Heppenheimer
- PublisherSmithsonian Books
- Date of Publication17/05/2002
- SubjectAircraft & Spacecraft: General Interest
- Series TitleHistory of the Space Shuttle S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSmithsonian Institution Scholarly Press
- Content Notemaps
- Weight885 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.