Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionSut Jhally's influential work as an activist, writer, film producer, and educator has had a far-reaching impact on the course and concerns of media criticism. This volume offers an essential collection of his writings. Jhally's work exhibits an engaged and ongoing concern with social justice, cultural politics, and public pedagogy. The Spectacle of Accumulation captures the full range of Jhally's thought and covers a variety of issues including the role of advertising in contemporary life, the cultural politics of sport, race, and gender coding in the coverage of current events, and the power of media education to name just a few of the themes covered in this crucial, new work. In addition to his key writings, this book includes a foreword by Henry Giroux as well as three interviews offering a fresh perspective on Jhally's work.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Sut Jhally is the founder and executive director of The Media Education Foundation, and he is the author of numerous scholarly and popular essays, and several books including The Codes of Advertising (1987). A leading expert on advertising and media studies, he is a renowned public speaker, teacher, and film producer. Jhally received the Distinguished Teacher Award at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, where the student newspaper has also voted him Best Professor.
- Author(s)Sut Jhally
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight440 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.