All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFoucault's writings on power and control in social institutions have made him one of the modern era's most influential thinkers. Here he argues that punishment has gone from being mere spectacle to becoming an instrument of systematic domination over individuals in society - t just of our bodies, but our souls. Throughout history, some books have changed the world. They have transformed the way we see ourselves - and each other. They have inspired debate, dissent, war and revolution. They have enlightened, outraged, provoked and comforted. They have enriched lives - and destroyed them. Now Penguin brings you the works of the great thinkers, pioneers, radicals and visionaries whose ideas shook civilization and helped make us who we are.
- Author BiographyMichel Foucault (1926 - 1984) was without doubt one of the most provocative and compelling thinkers of the twentieth century. Books by Foucault in Penguin include The History of Sexuality (3 vols) and Discipline and Punish.
- Author(s)Michel Foucault
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/08/2008
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitlePenguin Great Ideas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight71 g
- Width111 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.