All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionRecent observational developments are providing the first truly panchromatic view of galaxies, extending from the radio to TeV gamma rays. This is motivating the development of new models for the interpretation of spectral energy distributions (SEDs) of galaxies in terms of the formation, evolution and emission of stellar and accretion-driven sources of photons, the interaction of the photons with the gaseous and dust components of the interstellar medium, and high-energy processes involving cosmic rays. IAU Symposium 284 details progress in the development of such models, their relation to fundamental theory, and their application to the interpretation of the panchromatic emission from the Milky Way and nearby galaxies, connecting the latter with models for the evolution of the SEDs of distant galaxies and the extragalactic background light. IAU S284 is a useful resource for all researchers working with the copious amounts of multiwavelength data for galaxies w becoming available.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- Series TitleProceedings of the International Astronomical Union Symposia and Colloquia
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note270 b/w illus.
- Weight1070 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCristina C. Popescu,Richard J. Tuffs
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.