All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.49Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.67Trending at AU $12.99
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
About this product
- DescriptionSpectre is the ultimate threat; the merciless international terrorist organisation led by James Bond's nemesis, Ernst Stavro Blofeld. In Thunderball, Spectre is holding the world to ransom with two stolen nuclear weapons and it is 007's duty to find them in time to prevent a global catastrophe. In On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Bond disrupts Spectre's plan to destroy Britain from the inside, but little does he kw victory will bring tragic consequences. In You Only Live Twice, grief-stricken and erratic, Bond is given one last chance to face his arch-enemy in a battle to the death.
- Author BiographyIan Lancaster Fleming was born in London in 1908. His first job was at Reuters news agency after which he worked briefly as a stockbroker before working in Naval Intelligence during the Second World War. His first novel, Casino Royale, was published in 1953 and was an instant success. Fleming went on to write twelve other Bond books as well as two works of non-fiction and the children's classic Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. The Bond books have sold over sixty million copies and earned praise from figures such as Raymond Chandler who called Fleming 'the most forceful and driving writer of thrillers in England' and President Kennedy who named From Russia with Love as one of his favourite books. The books inspired a hugely successful series of film adaptations which began in 1961 with the release of Dr No, starring Sean Connery as 007. Fleming was married to Anne Rothermere with whom he had a son, Caspar. He died in 1964.
- Author(s)Ian Fleming
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight646 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.