All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first complete English translation of Jules Verne's epic fantasy vel.
- Author BiographyJules Verne was born in 1828 into a French lawyering family in the Atlantic coastal city of Nantes. Though his father sent him off to a Paris law school, young Jules had been writing on the side since his early teens, and his pet topics were the theater, travel, and science. Predictably enough, his legal studies led nowhere, so Verne took a day job with a stock brokerage, in his off-hours penning scripts for farces and musical comedies while also publishing short stories and novelettes of scientific exploration and adventure. His big breakthrough came when he combined his theatrical knack with his scientific bent and in 1863 published an African adventure yarn, Five Weeks in a Balloon. After that and until his death in 1905, Jules Verne was one of the planet's best-loved and best-selling novelists, publishing more than sixty books. Other imaginative favorites by him include The Mysterious Island, Hector Servadac, The Begum's Millions, Master of the World, and The Meteor Hunt. Verne ranks among the five most translated authors in history, along with Mark Twain and the Bible. Frederick Paul Walter is a scriptwriter, broadcaster, librarian, and amateur paleontologist. A long-standing member of the North American Jules Verne Society, he served as its vice president from 2000 to 2008. Walter has produced many media programs, articles, reviews, and papers on aspects of Jules Verne and has translated many Verne novels, including Amazing Journeys: Five Visionary Classics, also published by SUNY Press. He lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Author(s)Edgar Allan Poe,Jules Verne
- PublisherState University of New York Press
- Date of Publication06/01/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationAlbany, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintState University of New York Press
- Weight789 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Translated byFrederick Paul Walter
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.