All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionIn this slim, enlightening volume, internationally recognized Buddhist teacher Martine Batchelor presents the basic tenets and teachings of the Buddha through a selection of essential texts from the Pali can, the earliest Buddhist scriptures. Viewed by scholars as the actual substance of the historical teachings (and possibly even the words) of the Buddha, these texts are essential to an understanding of the Buddhist faith, and Batchelor illuminates them with her lucid analysis and interpretations. Both accessible to npractitioners and helpful to scholars, The Spirit of the Buddha touches upon key themes, including dharma, compassion, meditation, and peace, among others, creating a paramic view of one of the world's most widely practiced faiths that is deeply rooted in its most vital texts.
- Author BiographyMartine Batchelor, a former Buddhist nun, studied Zen Buddhism under the guidance of Kusan Sunim and is the author of Let Go, Women in Korean Zen, Buddhism and Ecology, Principles of Zen, Meditation for Life, and The Path of Compassion: The Bodhisattva Precepts, a translation of the Chinese Brahma's Net Sutra. She lives in France.
- Author(s)Martine Batchelor
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication18/05/2010
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleThe Spirit of ...
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Weight240 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.