Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- DescriptionA lucky strike by a pair of prospectors turns into a nightmare when crooked politicians attempt to steal their claim. Loaded with action and romance, this 1906 bestseller recaptures the excitement of the Gold Rush era, when thousands of prospectors headed to Alaska in hopes of finding riches. Miners, gamblers, and fortune-hunters of every description populate these pages, chasing their dreams among the rowdy camps and boom towns of the frozen rth. Author Rex Beach, kwn as the Victor Hugo of the North, based this vel on a true series of events involving the theft of Yukon gold mines by corrupt politicians. Beach seasoned the dramatic tale with incidents from his own experiences prospecting for gold in Nome at the beginning of the twentieth century. Five different movie versions of The Spoilers include versions with John Wayne and Gary Cooper in the role of the rugged hero.
- Author BiographyKnown as the Victor Hugo of the North, Rex Beach (1877-1949) wrote more than a dozen adventure novels. His first, The Spoilers, is based on his experiences prospecting for gold in Nome at the turn of the 20th century. Beach was also a member of the American water polo team at the 1904 Olympics.
- Author(s)Rex Beach
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.