All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom rewned outdoor writer Jim Fergus comes this collection which represents a kind of extended journey across the country from Colorado to Florida and points beyond. From pheasant hunting at Nebraska's Fort Robinson to bone fishing on the flats of Grand Exuma, Bahamas, these 32 essays, arranged by season, chronicle Fergus's most memorable travels hunting and fishing over a period of 6 years. A book about the natural world and man's place in it, The Sporting Road is also a book about relationships, which for Fergus include old friends, new acquaintances, and his trusted yellow lab, Sweetzer.
- Author BiographyJim Fergus's articles and essays have appeared in a wide variety of national magazines and newspapers. He is a field editor of Sports Afield magazine. His previous books include the nonfiction memoir A Hunter's Road and the novel One Thousand White Women. He lives in northern Colorado and southern Arizona.Rick Bass is the author of several books, including The New Wolves and The Book of Yaak.
- Author(s)Jim Fergus
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width141 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Introduction byRick Bass
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.