All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Complete Guide to Sports Training is the definitive practical resource for anyone wishing to improve their performance and for coaches looking to get the best out of their athletes. It demystifies sports science and provides athletes and coaches with the basic building blocks they need to maximise performance. Starting with the basics and progressing to the specific elements all athletes need - speed, endurance and power - this invaluable handbook explains the theory in simple, easy-to-understand terms before discussing the most effective training methods and techniques, as well as giving guidance on developing a training plan, sports psychology and training younger and older athletes. This is the first time such a wealth of sports science kwledge has been available in one book and written in such an accessible style, and should become the sports training handbook for athletes, coaches and sports science students.
- Author BiographyJohn Shepherd is a qualified coach in a number of sports and coaches athletes to Olympic standard, a sports journalist writing for a number of health and fitness magazines and the author of Ultrafit.
- Author(s)John Shepherd
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication27/11/2006
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleComplete Guide to
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2006
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteclr photos, illustrations
- Weight632 g
- Width189 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine189 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.