Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.34
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
About this product
- DescriptionFor over a century the Springbok rugby captain has represented many things to many South Africans. He has united, and he has divided. He has thrilled, he has disappointed. He has inspired, he has disheartened. He has triumphed, he has failed. But he has always had an impact. In this revealing narrative, Edward Griffiths and Stephen Nell depict the men who have been able to call themselves Springbok Captain through their backgrounds, triumphs and disappointments. This book offers an epic historical perspective on this remarkable country, viewed through the prism of rugby. Compelling and emtoinal, this revised and updated third edition brings the story of the Springbok captains right up-to-date. Relive the heyday of rugby legends Bennie Osler, Danie Craven, Hennie Muller, Johan Claassen, Naas Botha, Francois Pienaar, Gary Teichmann, Joost van der Westhuizen, Andre Vos and others. Now fully updated with the accounts of Bobby Skinstad, Victor Matfield and Jean de Villiers, The Springbok Captains is the epic story that lies at the heart of South African rugby.
- Author BiographyEdward Griffiths began his career as a journalist before becoming the first chief executive of the South African Rugby Football Union in 1995. He is currently finishing a seven-year spell as head of UK rugby club Saracens. Stephen Nell is an award-winning journalist who is one of South Africas most experienced and prolific rugby writers. Nell, currently employed as Die Burgers senior rugby writer, is known for his ability to break stories and obtain insights that few others can. He is widely respected among players, administrators and rugbys stakeholders. His experience of covering international rugby dates back to the 1995 World Cup in South Africa. Nell is the author of the books Springbok Glory and Bokspronge.
- Author(s)Edward Griffiths,Stephen Nell
- PublisherJonathan Ball Publishers SA
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintJonathan Ball Publishers SA
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight875 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.