All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Mark(James Axler) Ellis, writer of Doc Savage, author of Cryptozoica and creator of the best-selling Outlanders series comes The Spur: Loki's Rock. The colony world in the Orion Spur kwn as Loki wasn't so much lost as forgotten. In the 188 years since a world-wide catastrophe destroyed what passed for civilization there, Loki had become a savage wilderness of strange cultures, as well as being the sanctuary for every bizarre cult, mad sect and outlawed scientific discipline in the Sol 9 Commonwealth. Quentin Crockett, a Colonel in the department of OffWorld Operations leads a team of specialists to Loki to monitor, catalog, and if necessary, eliminate the myriad societies that sprang up in the wake of the global cataclysm. In their armored ACP Ambler, the team travels Loki, searching for the lost Terran Enclave, while fighting off t only wild beasts, and the wilder natives but also the ruthless schemes of a mastermind about whom they kw practically thing. In The Spur: Loki's Rock, Crockett and his team contend with the bizarre native fauna, but also with resurrected Nazi supermen, flocks of flying piranha, and the denizens of the kill-crazy town of Loki's Rock, led by the psychotic Django Bonner and his bloodthirsty hench-wench, Pagan. Ellis, the veteran author of 50 books as well as numerous comic properties, including such classics as: Death Hawk, The Justice Machine and Doc Savage: Man of Bronze, spent 15 years writing vels for Gold Eagle, the action-adventure imprint of Harlequin Enterprises. Under the pen name of James Axler, he created the best-selling Outlanders series, w in its 15th year of consecutive publication, making it the most successful mass-market paperback genre series published in the last 25 years.
- Author BiographyA master of combining speculative science with blazing action, the writer of Doc Savage, Cryptozoica and the creator of the best-selling Outlanders series, Mark (James Axler) Ellis returns with a high-impact, fast-paced thriller that introduces an ensemble cast of adventurers ready to face whatever dangers the forgotten planet of Loki can throw at them.
- Author(s)Mark Ellis
- PublisherFortuna Books
- Date of Publication10/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortuna Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.