All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $45.11
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.59
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $12.82
- AU $34.99Trending at AU $35.72
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $16.23
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $14.33
About this product
- Description<b>Detective Isaac Bell, hero of <i>The Chase</i> and <i>The Wrecker</i>, returns in the remarkable new adventure from the #1 <i>New York Times</i>-bestselling author.</b> It is 1908, and international tensions are mounting as the world plunges toward war. When a brilliant American battleship gun designer dies in a sensational apparent suicide, the man's grief-stricken daughter turns to the legendary Van Dorn Detective Agency to clear her father's name. Van Dorn puts his chief investigator on the case, and Isaac Bell soon realizes that the clues point t to suicide but to murder. And when more suspicious deaths follow, it becomes clear that someone-an elusive spy-is orchestrating the destruction of America's brightest techlogical minds... and the murders all connect to a top- secret project called Hull 44. But that is just the beginning. As the intrigue deepens, Bell will find himself pitted against German, Japanese, and British spies, in a mission that encompasses dreadught battleships, Teddy Roosevelt's Great White Fleet, Chinatown, Hell's Kitchen, and the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Isaac Bell has certainly faced perilous situations before, but this time it is more than the future of his country that's at stake- it's the fate of the world.
- Author Biography<b>Clive Cussler</b>is the author of more than fifty books in five bestselling series, including Dirk Pitt, NUMA Files, Oregon Files, Isaac Bell, and Fargo. His life nearly parallels that of his hero Dirk Pitt. Whether searching for lost aircraft or leading expeditions to find famous shipwrecks, he and his NUMA crew of volunteers have discovered more than seventy-five lost ships of historic significance, including the long-lost Confederate submarine<i>Hunley</i>, which was raised in 2000 with much press publicity. Like Pitt, Cussler collects classic automobiles. His collection features more than eighty examples of custom coachwork. Cussler lives in Arizona and Colorado. <b>Justin Scott</b>is the author of thirty-one novels, including<i>The Shipkiller</i>and<i>Normandie Triangle</i>; the Ben Abbott detective series; six thrillers under his pen name Paul Garrison; and his coauthorship with Cussler of<i>The Wrecker</i>, <i>The Spy</i>, <i>The Race</i>, <i>The Thief</i>, <i>The Striker</i>, <i>The Bootlegger</i>, <i>The Assassin</i>, <i>The Gangster, </i>and<i>The Cutthroat</i>. Scott lives in Connecticut.
- Author(s)Clive Cussler,Justin Scott
- PublisherPenguin Audiobooks
- Date of Publication25/10/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Audiobooks
- Weight136 g
- Width132 mm
- Height147 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Read byRichard Ferrone
- Contained items statement5 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time360
- Edition Statementabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.