All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionNew York Times bestselling author Jennifer Chiaverini is back with ather enthralling historical vel set during the Civil War era, this time inspired by the life of a true Union woman as true as steel who risked everything by caring for Union prisoners of war and stealing Confederate secrets. Born to slave-holding aristocracy in Richmond, Virginia, and educated by Northern Quakers, Elizabeth Van Lew was a paradox of her time. When her native state seceded in April 1861, Van Lew s convictions compelled her to defy the new Confederate regime. Pledging her loyalty to the Lincoln White House, her courage would never waver, even as her wartime actions threatened t only her reputation, but also her life. Van Lew s skills in gathering military intelligence were unparalleled. She helped to construct the Richmond Underground and orchestrated escapes from the infamous Confederate Libby Prison under the guise of humanitarian aid. Her spy ring s reach was vast, from clerks in the Confederate War and Navy Departments to the very home of Confederate President Jefferson Davis. Although Van Lew was inducted posthumously into the Military Intelligence Hall of Fame, the astonishing scope of her achievements has never been widely kwn. In Chiaverini s riveting tale of high-stakes espionage, a great heroine of the Civil War finally gets her due.
- Author BiographyJENNIFER CHIAVERINI is the author of the New York Times bestselling Elm Creek Quilts series and Mrs. Lincoln s Dressmaker. A graduate of Notre Dame and the University of Chicago, she lives in Madison, Wisconsin, with her husband and two sons.
- Author(s)Jennifer Chiaverini
- PublisherDutton Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDutton Books
- Out-of-print date25/05/2017
- Weight572 g
- Width161 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.