Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $60.07Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.59Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis vel was written about communism during the years of the Stalin era in former Czechoslovakia from 1948 to 1956. It is a romantic story, having the main focus on how young people reacted to dictatorship in their everyday existence while trying to live a rmal life, with love affairs or just enjoying the beauty of the city and all that life has to offer when you are twenty years old. It is the story of a young lady trying to work in offices or taking part in the politics of the moment without being a party member, and her partner, a leading musician in the Czech Philharmonic, for whom acceptance of the regime is easier, as he can escape through his involvement in art. The discussion between her and her lover reveal the differences between individuals accepting or t the demands of that period.
- Author(s)Agnes Pellier-Galdi
- Date of Publication29/04/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight230 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Most relevant reviews
- verochka*201420 Oct, 2016by
A book about a life in the communist country
It is a very good book, but English translation is un-edited. The book needs some editing. In a present state it is just not ready as yet for publication.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.