All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe collapse of the USSR, the end of the Cold War and the opening of the Soviet archives have transformed both what is kwn about the events of the Stalin period and the historian's perspective. Published 50 years after his death, this revised and expanded second edition looks at the entire period of Stalin's rule and includes chapters on ideology, politics, ecomic development, social change, the nationalities, culture and external relations (including World War II) and the Great Terror. The interpretation stresses the connnection between internal and external policy and the influence of ideology on both. Mawdsley includes many primary resources, which provide insights into the Stalin era. Some of these are important theoretical or propaganda documents which are re-published here together for the first time in many years. Others are secret items from the Russian archives that have only become available since late 1980s.
- Author BiographyEvan Mawdsley is Professor of International History at the University of Glasgow.
- Author(s)Evan Mawdsley,Helen Skelton
- PublisherManchester University Press
- Date of Publication29/05/2003
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleNew Frontiers
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintManchester University Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.