All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $36.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the efforts of educational reformers who sought to link secondary and higher education in the decades after 1870. Through various state, regional, and national initiatives, these reformers created a hierarchical system, laid the foundation for a growing standardization in education, and influenced who would have access to college. Neither higher education r the secondary branches dominated the other in creating this educational system. Rather, through debate, argument, and accommodation, the two levels mutually shaped each other in a time of significant political and ecomic change. Reformers today wrestle with this legacy as they continue to forge connections between the two educational levels.
- Author BiographyMarc A. VanOverbeke is Assistant Professor; Department of Leadership, Educational Psychology, and Foundations; College of Education; Northern Illinois University.
- Author(s)Marc A. VanOverbeke
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication15/05/2008
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleSecondary Education in a Changing World
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight430 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.