All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Star of Redemption is widely recognized as a key document of modern existential thought and a significant contribution to Jewish theology in the twentieth century. An affirmation of what Rosenzweig called the new thinking, the work ensconces common sense in the place of abstract, conceptual philosophizing and posits the validity of the concrete, individual human being over that of humanity in general. Fusing philosophy and theology, it assigns both Judaism and Christianity distinct but equally important roles in the spiritual structure of the world, and finds in both biblical religions approaches toward a comprehension of reality.
- Author BiographyFranz Rosenzweig (1886-1929) studied at the universities of Berlin, Freiburg, and Leipzig. In addition to The Star of Redemption, he published a two-volume study of Hegel's political philosophy. His collaboration with Martin Buber on a translation of the Hebrew Bible is considered the finest in German since Martin Luther's.
- Author(s)Franz Rosenzweig
- PublisherUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Date of Publication31/10/1985
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width138 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.