Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe well-editedcollection of papers by leading researchers and participants within a major reform process of the state and education system in particular. The shift from welfare based provision of public services to the quasi-market with private delivery and philanthropic investment is an issue that needs a thorough examination through evidence and rigorous argument. This book seeks to do this by t only charting events and providing detailed examination about what is happening but also by locating these developments within a contemporary political and social analytical framework. Topics covered include: the legal and political process of establishing Academies the working and impact of Academies using a range of data and perspectives the debates and issues regarding this major reform, with comparative perspectives. The book will show how the Academies Programme in England is an important site for examining the growth of neoliberal ideas and practices in the framing and delivery of public services such as education.
- Author BiographyHelen M. Gunter is Professor of Educational Policy, Leadership and Management at the University of Manchester, UK.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight628 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byHelen M. Gunter
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.