All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionPrince Hans-Adam of Liechtenstein is able to look at the modern nation-state from many different angles: as a head of state; as a politician, who had to win popular votes in a direct democracy; as a businessman active in different continents; and, as an historian who has studied the influence of military techlogy, transportation and the ecomy on the workings of the state. The State in the Third Millennium analyzes the forces that have shaped human history in the past and are likely to do so for the foreseeable future. These include religions, ideologies, military techlogy and ecomics. Prince Hans-Adam explores ways to make the traditional democratic constitutional state both more democratic and more efficient. He also discusses strategies on how to realize worldwide the modern democratic constitutional state in the third millennium. He observes that citizens should longer be viewed as servants of the state, but rather that states be converted into benevolent service companies which serve the people as their customers. This is an elegant, original and lucidly argued work which will attract all students and observers of modern statecraft.
- Author BiographyPrince Hans-Adam II assumed the regency of Liechtenstein in 1989, following the death of his father. Liechtenstein acceded to the United Nations Organization in 1990 and to the European Economic Area in 1995. Prince Hans-Adam is a trained economist who studied at the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland. He has wide-ranging interests in the worlds of commerce and international affairs.
- Author(s)Prince Hans-Adam II of Liechte
- PublisherFrank P van Eck Verlag
- Date of Publication31/10/2009
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationTriesen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintFrank P van Eck Verlag
- Weight635 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.