The Stately Houses, Palaces and Castles of Georgian, Victorian and Modern Britain: From George I to Elizabeth II, 1714 to the Present Day; with 200 Magnificent Photographs, Paintings, Reconstructions and Maps by Richard G. Wilson, Charles Phillips (Paperback, 2010)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover Britain's magnificent heritage of country houses in this lavishly illustrated guide to the architectural treasures of the United Kingdom. Spanning the years from 1714 to the start of the 21st century, this book includes the period's finest examples of architecture, such as Blenheim Palace, Arundel Castle and Clarence House. An in-depth guide to the history of every house features information on its design, construction and the stories of its best-kwn inhabitants, as well as profiles of celebrated architects. Timelines and maps trace the development of Britain's architectural legacy, while a glossary introduces key terms and an A-Z listing make it easy to find every property listed. This complete reference book will delight and inform in equal measure.
- Author BiographyCharles Phillips is an established writer of popular history and the author of The World of the Medieval Knight, The Art and Architecture of the Aztec & Maya, Kings and Queens of Britain's Modern Age, and Medieval Castles, Stately & Historic Houses of Great Britain & Ireland (all Southwater). Consultant Professor Richard G. Wilson FRHistS (Fellow of the Royal Historical Society) since 2003 is Emeritus Professor of History at the University of East Anglia. He has written numerous books, essays and articles on topics of 18th- and 19th-century social and economic history.
- Author(s)Charles Phillips,Richard G. Wilson
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 200 photographs & artworks
- Weight503 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.