All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionTHE STATISTICAL SLEUTH: A COURSE IN METHODS OF DATA ANALYSIS, Third Edition offers an appealing treatment of general statistical methods that takes full advantage of the computer, both as a computational and an analytical tool. The material is independent of any specific software package, and prominently treats modeling and interpretation in a way that goes beyond routine patterns. The book focuses on a serious analysis of real case studies, strategies and tools of modern statistical data analysis, the interplay of statistics and scientific learning, and the communication of results. With interesting examples, real data, and a variety of exercise types (conceptual, computational, and data problems), the authors get readers excited about statistics.
- Author BiographyFred Ramsey received his undergraduate degree from the University of Oregon (1961) and graduate degrees from Iowa State University (1963, 1964). He completed post-doctorate work at Johns Hopkins University. He has been on the faculty of the Department of Statistics at Oregon State University since 1966, with leaves for teaching and research positions at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark (1972-1973); Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia (1997-1978); the University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia (1985-1986); and Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland, Oregon (1990-1991). His principal research interest is applications of statistics to wildlife problems. Daniel Schafer holds an undergraduate degree in Mathematics from Pomona College (1978) and graduate degrees in Statistics from the University of Chicago (1981, 1982). He is currently a professor of statistics at Oregon State University. His hobby is wildlife photography.
- Author(s)Daniel Schafer,Fred Ramsey
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication02/05/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Out-of-print date18/06/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1202 g
- Width194 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.