All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
About this product
- DescriptionAs the combined British and Irish list edges ever closer to 600 (several new species are added each year), the need for a new, up-to-date status of our birds becomes more apparent. This authoritative work of reference gives a detailed assessment of the status and distribution of every species on the British and Irish lists, for the first time since 1971. Importantly, it also covers each subspecies kwn to have occurred on our islands. The book is complemented with a 32-page colour section illustrating some of the species and habitats representative of the British Isles. This essential work deserves to be on the shelves of every birder and ornithologist with an interest in the status and distribution of our birds.
- Author BiographyDavid Parkin is Emeritus Professor of Genetics at the University of Nottingham. Alan Knox is the Head of Historic Collections at the University of Aberdeen. Both authors are former Chairmen of the BOU Records Committee and were long-serving members of the BOU's taxonomic subcommittee.
- Author(s)Alan Knox,David Parkin
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication18/12/2009
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Series TitleHelm Country Avifaunas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChristopher Helm Publishers Ltd
- Content Note32-page colour section
- Weight1282 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine40 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.