Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionCritical Pedagogy (CP) is based on the idea that creating space for dialogues, negotiations and new kwledge construction should be at the forefront of our teaching frameworks. This book offers a review of the studies in critical Pedagogy in education in general and in second language acquisition in particular, and then reports a study which explored whether CP has found any place among EFL classrooms in the educational system of Iran. The study reported in the book sought to examine the dominant discourse structure to find out whether it follows traditional discourse structures such as initiation response follow-up (IRF) or, conversely, CP's favored discourse patterns like dialogic negotiation for meaning (NfM). The findings revealed that the current EFL classrooms seemed to follow the traditional banking model of education with the vertical, mologic, teacher-initiated IRF as the dominant discourse structure. They also indicated that discourse-construction opportunities tended to be distributed unevenly in the classrooms.
- Author(s)Azizullah Mirzaei,Maryam Ranjbar,Masoud Rahimi Domakani
- PublisherLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Date of Publication06/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.