All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $81.39Trending at AU $83.63
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $7.80Trending at AU $8.37
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
About this product
- DescriptionHare is a cheeky rascal who prefers to have a nap while the other animals are scratching in the earth searching for water. Hare tricks Monkey and then Hyena into shutting their eyes tight while he fills his calabash with the newly-found water and scampers away. By w, the animals are angry, and decide to get their own back. They make a huge, gummy, sticky doll, set it up at the water's edge, and wait...Along comes Hare with his empty calabash, most anyed to find someone else by the precious water. He hits out at the sticky doll and is trapped at last in front of all the animals. But even w wily Hare finds a way to get the better of the other animals and escape puinishment! This traditional trickster tale dates back to the Uncle Remus story of Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby, and can be found in different versions all over South and West Africa, North and South America - even in a Jataka tale from India. Jessica Souhami has turned a West African version into a comic, read-aloud story accompanied by stunning, brilliantly coloured collage to create a book bursting with fun for very young readers.
- Author BiographyJessica Souhami studied at the Central School of Art and Design. In 1980 she formed Mme Souhami and Co, a travelling puppet company using colourful shadow puppets with a musical accompaniment and a storyteller. Her illustrations, like her puppets, use brilliant colour and bold shapes and her characters leap and swoop across the spreads. Her books for Frances Lincoln are Sausages!, Foxy!, The Strongest Boy in the World, In the Dark, Dark Wood, Baba Yaga and the Stolen Baby, Leopard's Drum, No Dinner!, Rama and the Demon King, The Famous Adventures of a Bird Brained Hen, The Little, Little House, Mrs McCool and the Giant Cuchulainn, The Sticky Doll Trap, and King Pom and the Fox. Jessica lives in North London.
- Author(s)Jessica Souhami
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2010
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Out-of-print date08/03/2017
- Content Notechiefly col. Illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width278 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.