Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.39
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $35.99
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
About this product
- DescriptionAt the turn of the twentieth century, Arctic explorer Edward Mackley sets out to reach the North Pole and vanishes into the icy landscape without a trace. He leaves behind a young wife, Emily, who awaits his return for decades, her dreams and devotion gradually freezing into rigid widowhood. A hundred years later, on a sweltering mid-summer's day, Edward's great-grand-niece Julia moves through the old family house, attempting to impose some order on the clutter of inherited belongings and memories from that ill-fated expedition, and taking care to igre the deepening cracks within her own marriage. But as afteron turns into evening, Julia makes a discovery that splinters her long-held image of Edward and Emily's romance. The Still Point moves through past, present, and future, with dreams revealing a universal simultaneity to the choices we must all make in the faces of love and passion. Long-listed for the Orange Prize, The Still Point is a powerful literary debut, masterfully told in the language of the heart.
- Author(s)Amy Sackville
- Date of Publication26/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notemaps
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.