Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.20
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- Description<strong>Caroline Julia Moore</strong> describes her work - both literary and visual - as eclectic. Her art work (ink drawings, paintings and photography) has been exhibited in several establishments in West Dorset, including open studio events at St Michael's Studios, Bridport, and at The Attic Gallery in Broadwindsor. <b><i> the stone chair in an empty picnic field </i></b> is full of pain, beauty and heart shattering love. This book is an extraordinary explosion of sight and sound full of powerful images which explores several topics including neuropsychology, dsystonia, capcras syndrome, miscarriage, synasethsia, separation, relationships, and loss through language and digital art.
- Author BiographyCaroline Julia Moore grew up in Kingston and moved to Camberwell, London to study for a psychology degree at Goldsmiths University in 1991. Her interest then focused on Neuropsychology and the study of language using functional imaging. She won a prestigious scholarship award from The Brain Research Trust to research and write her PhD at The Institute of Neurology, Queens Square. She further continued her research at The Institute of Psychiatry, London, where she investigated the effects of the genetic Fragile X Syndrome on brain anatomy and function. In 2003 Caroline moved to Dorset, enthralled by its unique beauty, where she now lives with her three children. She continues to be inspired the use of language and its ability to evoke imagery and emotion. Her fascination with neuropsychological conditions influences both her artwork and her writing, with a particular awe of synaethesia where senses become confused (such as hearing colours and seeing music). Caroline has been both the primary and co-author on a number of scientific publications. This is her first published collection of poetry and digital artwork.
- Author(s)Caroline Julia Moore
- PublisherArtesian Thought
- Date of Publication26/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArtesian Thought
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.