Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
About this product
- DescriptionThis beautiful and melancholic vella, set in the Glarner mountains in Switzerland, is told from the viewpoint of a child whose incence of the world is combined with an acute sense of the danger present beneath the harmony of nature. Seven-year-old Katharina Ryhner is sent up the mountain to stay with her grandmother while her mother gives birth to her sixth child. It rains everyday and all the talk is of the danger of landslides. The little girl worries. When the time comes to go home, Katharina, filled with an increasing and inexplicable sense of doom, refuses to leave. Then, hearing a deafening thunderclap, she looks down the valley: a huge chunk of the mountainside is hurtling towards her home.
- Author BiographyFranz Hohler was born in Biel, Switzerland, in 1943. He is both a writer and a cabaret artist. While still a student in Zurich he scored such a hit with his one-man show Pizzicato that he left university and has toured the world with it ever since. His books for both adults and children have been translated into several languages.
- Author(s)Franz Hohler
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication11/08/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Harvill Press
- Weight661 g
- Width140 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.