All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.35
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $17.89Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- Description'I guess the end justifies the means. At least that's what I believe. Most of the time'. After the accident, DC Cameron Stone had spent three months in intensive care before he could even recall what happened: the high speed pursuit of a vice baron through the night streets of Glasgow that had t only almost finished him but had taken the life of a teenage mother and her child. Then there'd been the message from Audrey on the back of a 'get well soon' card anuncing that she had left him and taken their young son, Mark, with her. Booze, anti-depressants and therapy have all failed to enable him to resume his old job.So w Stone lives in a one-room flat in the worst part of town. He pays the rent by running errands for a private detective agency. His tasks include tracking down a teenage runaway and surveillance for a woman who thinks her husband is sleeping with her sister. He's also paid by his former colleagues, doing the work that's t quite clean eugh for them to do themselves - like putting the fear of God into Jason Campbell, a newly released sex offender whose been seen hanging around the local High School in his soft-top Mercedes.Stone is having a bad week. Audrey is getting difficult about contact arrangements for Mark. She's moved into the pulsh home of a plastic surgeon: there's talk of marriage - and adoption for Mark. He finds his runaway in a brothel and just gets roughed-up for his trouble. There's the knife wielding kids who try to mug him on the stairs and the daubing on his front door: Burn in Hell Baby Killer. The only brightness on his horizon is his growing friendship with Liz, the sunny Irish nurse who lives on the next floor. But then petrol is poured through his letterbox and his flat ablaze. And w a stranger has turned up at the school and driven off with his son...
- Author BiographyC. David Ingram lives with his wife and young family in Paisley, Renfrewshire. After legal training he worked for several years as a debt collector and is now a hospital nurse. The Stone Gallows is his first novel.
- Author(s)C. David Ingram
- PublisherMyrmidon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2009
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNewcastle
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMyrmidon Books Ltd
- Weight340 g
- Width128 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.