All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>Playful, passionate, provocative, and frequently very funny, Jeanette Winterson's <i>The Stone Gods</i> is a story about Earth, about love, and about stories themselves.</b></p> On the airwaves, all the talk is of the new blue planet pristine and plentiful, as our own was 65 million years ago, before we took it to the edge of destruction. Off the air, Billie Crusoe and the renegade Robo sapien Spike are falling in love. Along with Captain Handsome and Pink, they're assigned to colonize the new blue planet. But when a technical maneuver intended to make it habitable backfires, Billie and Spike's flight to the future becomes a surprising return to the distant past, and they discover that everything is imprinted forever with what once was.
- Author Biography<strong>JEANETTE WINTERSON </b>is the author of eight novels, a short-story collection, a book of essays, and, most recently a children's picture book. She has won numerous awards, including the Whitbread First Novel Award, the John Llewellyn Rhys Prize, and the E. M. Forster Award. She lives in Oxfordshire and London.
- Author(s)Jeanette Winterson
- PublisherMariner Books
- Date of Publication06/05/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMariner Books
- Weight181 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.49Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.67Trending at AU $12.99
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.