Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $175.38
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.83
- AU $23.65Trending at AU $25.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $38.45
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.79
About this product
- DescriptionA child's imagination takes flight. When Abby finds two warm, round stones in the backyard, she adopts them, pretending they're unhatched birds. She lovingly builds them a cozy nest and watches over them constantly until one day she imagines that with a crick and a crack, the stones hatch to reveal two gray chicks. With a flourish of her paintbrush, Abby colors the birds yellow, blue, and green, and proceeds to take excellent care of them. Then the make-believe birds stop singing. Soon they also stop eating, and when they start to lose their feathers Abby realizes it is time to let them go. She waves goodbye as they fly off. But every morning, two new birds appear at the window and sing to Abby. As in their bestselling book, A Flock of Shoes, this gifted author-illustrator team captures perfectly the whimsical imagination of a small child for whom anything is possible.
- Author BiographyIn addition to the highly acclaimed picture book A Flock of Shoes, Sarah Tsiang and Qin Leng are the creators of Dogs Don't Eat Jam and Other Things Big Kids Know. Sarah, who is also a poet, lives in Kingston, Ontario, while Qin, an award-winning animator and illustrator, lives in Toronto, Ontario.
- Author(s)Sarah Tsiang
- PublisherAnnick Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAnnick Press Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight271 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Qin Leng
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Interest AgeTo 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.