All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe Store in the Hood is a comprehensive study of conflicts between immigrant merchants and customers throughout the U.S. during the 20th century. The book draws on published research, official statistics, interviews, and ethgraphic data collected from diverse locations to discuss the many causes of these disputes-determined by society's larger structure. The book also suggests possible solutions.
- Author BiographySteven J. Gold is professor and graduate program director in the department of sociology at Michigan State University. The past chair of the International Migration Section of the American Sociological Association, Gold is the author, coauthor or coeditor of six books and the coeditor of The New Americans book series from LFB Publishers.
- Author(s)Steven J. Gold
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight522 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.