All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together an ensemble of Canada's best-kwn, mid-career, and emerging writers, including Margaret Atwood, Austin Clarke, Leon Rooke, Anne Michaels, Michael Ondaatje, Katherine Govier, Robertson Davies, Steven Hayward, and Barbara Gowdy, this anthology stands as the perfect gateway to discovering the city of Toronto. With a diverse range of content, the book focuses on the stories that have taken the city, in just six decades, from a narrow wryly praised as a city of churches to a brassy, gauche, imposing metropolis that is the fourth largest in North America. With an introduction from award-winning author Matt Shaw, this blends a cacophony of voices to encapsulate the vibrant city of Toronto.
- Author BiographyBarry Callaghan is a Canadian author, poet, and anthologist. He is currently the editor in chief of Exile Editions and Exile: The Literary Quarterly. He is the author of As Close as We Came, Beside Still Waters, The Black Queen Stories, and We Wasn t Pals. Matt Shaw is the author of The Obvious Child and was awarded the Journey Prize in 2006. They both live in Toronto.
- PublisherExile Editions
- Date of Publication30/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Series TitleExile Book of
- Series Part/Volume Number07
- Place of PublicationToronto, ON
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintExile Editions
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight771 g
- Width188 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byBarry Callaghan
- Introduction byMatt Shaw
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.