All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.37
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of ninety-six stories was first published in 1953 and presents the best of Erskine Caldwell's short fiction from his most productive period of work. Included is Crown-Fire, which James Dickey praised as the best story in the language, and such personal favorites of Caldwell as Country Full of Swedes, The Windfall, Horse Thief, Yellow Girl, and Kneel to the Rising Sun.
- Author BiographyErskine Caldwell (1903-1987) was born in Newnan, Georgia. He became one of America's most widely read, prolific, and critically debated writers, with a literary output of more than sixty titles. At the time of his death, Caldwell's books had sold eighty million copies worldwide in more than forty languages. He was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Letters in 1984.
- Author(s)Erskine Caldwell
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication31/01/1995
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight844 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Foreword byStanley W. Lindberg
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.