All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- Description<b>THE MOVING STORY OF HOW A SHARED TRAGEDY INSPIRED A COLLEGE FOOTBALL DYNASTY</b> On April 27, 2011, a powerful tornado ripped through the heart of Tuscaloosa, Ala., leaving 53 dead and a path of unimaginable devastation. In the aftermath, Alabama coach Nick Saban and his football team went out into the community, sharing its grief and aiding in the recovery. Together they forged an unbreakable bond, and in a place where Saturdays are dedicated to Crimson Tide football, Let's play for Tuscaloosa became a rallying cry, an emotional touchstone that transcended the playing field. Barrett Jones, a 300-pound tackle, went street by street with a chain saw clearing debris. Long snapper Carson Tinker, who endured terrible personal tragedy in the storm, emerged as the public face of Tuscaloosa's resilience. Diehard fans Bob and Dana Dowling lost their home but saw a new one raised by the muscle of Crimson Tide players. The rebuilding effort became a heartfelt crusade; the football team was w competing for a cause much greater than a national championship. In <i>The Storm and</i><i>the Tide</i>, Lars Anderson chronicles the rise of a team, the building of a dynasty and the resurgence of a town.
- Author Biography<b>Lars Anderson</b> worked for <i>Sports Illustrated </i>for 20 years and is the author of five books, including <i>Carlisle vs. Army </i>and <i>The All Americans</i>. He is an instructor at the University of Alabama. He lives with his wife, April, in Birmingham, where the April 27, 2011, tornado passed five miles north of his house.
- Author(s)Lars Anderson
- PublisherTime Inc Home Entertaiment
- Date of Publication19/08/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTime Inc Home Entertaiment
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight508 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.