All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPACKAGE THIS TITLE WITH OUR 2016 MLA SUPPLEMENT, Documenting Sources in MLA Style (package ISBN-13: 9781319088019). Get the most recent updates on MLA citation in a convenient, 40-page resource based on The MLA Handbook, 8th Edition, with plenty of models. Browse our catalog or contact your representative for a full listing of updated titles and packages, or to request a custom ISBN. Suitable for a variety of courses, the compact edition of Ann Charters' bestselling The Story and Its Writer (w in print or e-book formats) offers about half the stories and commentaries of the full edition, with all of its highly- praised editorial features. No one has a better sense than Ann Charters of which stories work most effectively in the classroom and instructors look forward to every new edition of her anthology to see what her constant search for new fiction and neglected classics will turn up. Further, Charters kws that writers, t editors, have the most interesting and useful things to say about the making and the meaning of fiction, so to complement the stories, she offers her signature invation: an array of the writers' own commentaries on the craft and traditions of storytelling. For in-depth, illustrated studies of particular writers or genres, her Casebooks provide unparalleled opportunities for discussion and writing. The new ninth edition features many very recent stories and commentaries by up-and-coming writers, a new Casebook on the important genre of Magical Realism, and expanded coverage of close reading.
- Author BiographyAnn Charters received her B.A. at Berkeley and her Ph.D. at Columbia. She first met Kerouac at a poetry reading in Berkeley in 1956, and compiled a comprehensive bibliography of his work in 1967. A professor of English at the University of Connecticut, she is also the editor of Selected Letters of Jack Kerouac and the Portable Kerouac Reader, and the author of Beats and Company: Portrait of a Literary Generation.
- Author(s)Ann Charters
- PublisherBedford Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedford Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width150 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement9th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.