All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionA compact, but informative history of the discovery and development of the Australian nation, from the first sightings by Abel Tasman and other explorers to the landings of James Cook and the subsequent arrival of the First Fleet that established the colony of New South Wales, to the discovery of gold and the attraction of immigrants from all over the world, this highly illustrated book tracks the formation of one of the world's most vibrant countries and includes 30 items of facsimile memorabilia to augment it such as: extract from Captain Cook's Endeavour Journal ; Matthew Flinders' map of the country, the first to label the land Australia; the original lyrics of 'Waltzing Matilda'; and, the Letter Patent establishing the Federation of Australia signed by Queen Victoria.
- Author BiographyVanessa Collingridge is a journalist, writer and broadcaster. She is the presenter of BBC Radio 4's Making History and co-presented BBC 1's British Isles - A Natural History. Most recently, she presented four-part documentary series on Captain Cook for ABC Australia. She is the author of Captain Cook: The Life, Death and Legacy of History's Greatest Explorer and Boudica - the true Warrior Queen and also contributed to 70 Greatest Journeys in History. She lives in Renfewshire in Scotland.
- Author(s)Vanessa Collingridge
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Content Noteapprox. 200 colour & b & w images
- Width298 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine37 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.