All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.34
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.25
- AU $7.84Trending at AU $8.38
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.65
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Doolittle is a kind-hearted country physician who keeps goldfish in his pond, rabbits in the pantry, white mice in a pia, and a hedgehog in the cellar. He also has an unusual gift: he can talk to animals a talent that comes in handy, since he prefers treating animals, rather than humans, as his patients.One day, a mysterious call summons him to Africa, where a serious epidemic has spread among the monkey population. Of course, the good doctor sets out immediately with some of his best friends Jip, the dog, and Polynesia, the parrot, among others. Along the way, they re joined by new acquaintances, including the pushmi-pullyu, a remarkable creature that has a head at both ends of its body. Any child who is t given the opportunity to make the acquaintance of this rotund, kindly, and enthusiastic doctor/naturalist and all of his animal friends will miss out on something important, said rewned primatologist Jane Goodall.An entertaining classic that has charmed readers of all ages for generations, Hugh Lofting's timeless tale is accompanied by 27 of his own delightful illustrations.
- Author(s)Hugh Lofting
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication17/01/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.