Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.60Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 16 Oct
- AU $27.44Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated edition, which includes a new chapter about art in the 1980s, explores artwork of the 20th century, from 1900 to the present day. The text examines the motives behind the main developments, and argues that they are serious and intelligent attempts to make art honest and significant. The author aims to help the reader form a relaxed and sympathetic relationship to art, while providing information and biographical details about some 200 artists. The illustrations, taken from many sources, are fully integrated with the text in order to provide easy reference and consultation. Norbert Lynton worked for some years as Director of Exhibitions for the Arts Council of Great Britain.
- Author BiographyNorbert Lynton is a distinguished art historian, lecturer, teacher and critic. From 1975 to 1989 he was Professor of the History of Art at the University of Sussex. He is the author of Ben Nicholson, also published by Phaidon.
- Author(s)Norbert Lynton
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication10/08/1989
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Width172 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.