All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe Story of Papiamentu is a n-linguistic history of the creole language, Papiamentu, which is spoken in Cura_ao, Aruba and Bonaire. Papiamentu is a Spanish-based creole which most believe to have originated in the 17th century. The exact origin of Papiamentu is in dispute, and this text discusses whether it is the result of the Spanish of explorers mixing with the language of the local Indians, or if it originated with Portuguese slavers in Africa.
- Author BiographyGary C. Fouse is Adjunct Lecturer, University of California, Irvine.
- Author(s)Gary C. Fouse
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/09/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width138 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.