All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Story of Wales is a vibrant portrait of 30,000 years of power, identity and politics. Revisiting major turning points in Welsh history, from its earliest settlements to the present day, Jon Gower re-examines the myths and misconceptions about this glorious country, revealing a people who have reacted with energy and invention to changing times and opportunities. It's a story of political and industrial power, ecomic and cultural renewal- and a nation of seemingly limitless potential. The Story of Wales is an epic account of Welsh history for a new generation.
- Author BiographyJon Gower is a former BBC Wales arts and media correspondent, who was educated at Girton College, Cambridge, where he read English. He is a documentary maker for television and radio and has eleven books to his name, in both Welsh and English. They include An Island Called Smith, about a disappearing island in Chesapeake Bay, which gained him the John Morgan travel writing prize, and Uncharted, a novel described by Jan Morris as 'unflagging and unfailingly inventive.' In 2009 he was awarded a major Creative Wales award to explore the Welsh settlement in Patagonia. Jon is currently a Hay Festival International Fellow. Huw Edwards is a BAFTA-award winning journalist, presenter and newsreader. Born in Bridgend, Welshspeaking Huw joined the BBC in 1984 and became a familiar face during his time on BBC Six O'Clock News. Since then, Huw as covered numerous key national events, is a regular on a range of BBC News programmes, including as lead newsreader on the BBC News at Ten, and has presented a variety of documentaries on British and Welsh history and culture. A former graduate of Cardiff University, Huw was made an Honorary Fellow in 2003 and an Honorary Professor of Journalism in 2007, and was elected Vice-President of the university in 2009. Huw is also an Honorary Fellow of Swansea University, the University of Wales, Lampeter, the University of Wales, Newport, Swansea Institute of Higher Education, and has an Honorary Doctorate from the University of Glamorgan, as well as being Patron of the National College of Music, in London, and President of the London Welsh Trust.
- Author(s)Jon Gower
- PublisherEbury Press
- Date of Publication06/06/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Books
- Weight301 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.