Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis exciting new series of heritage tourist guides from Batsford gives an authentic flavour of the history of London and will appeal to all lovers of this wonderful city in both the local and tourist markets. Westminster recreates all the ceremony and grandeur of this celebrated area, the seat of Britain's government, and gives fascinating historical information about its buildings, people and rituals throughout the centuries. Discover its earliest beginnings as a sacred site founded by St Dunstan, which literary greats are buried in Westminster Abbey's world-famous Poet's Corner, and the sometimes arcane procedures of the House of Commons. This absorbing guide to a must-see part of London is an essential companion for Londoner and tourist alike.
- Author BiographyWriter and editor Malcolm Day is the author of eight books for adults and children, including 100 Characters from Classical Mythology and Castles and Forts Through the Ages. He lives in Newton Abbot, Devon.
- Author(s)Malcolm Day
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication17/02/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBatsford's Heritage Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Out-of-print date19/10/2016
- Content Noteover 50 illustrations
- Width125 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.