All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow more than ever, other cultures are affecting our everyday lives-and our children need to learn about the other countries of the world and their history. Susan Wise Bauer has provided a captivating guide to the history of other lands. Written in an engaging, straightforward manner, The Story of the World: History for the Classical Child; Volume 3: Early Modern Times weaves world history into a story book format. Who was the Sun King? Why did the Luddites go around England smashing machines? And how did samurai become sumo wrestlers? The Story of the World covers the sweep of human history from ancient times until the present. Africa, China, Europe, the Americas-find out what happened all around the world in long-ago times. Designed as a read-aloud project for parents and children to share together, The Story of the World includes each continent and major people group. Volume 3: Early Modern Times is the third of a four volume series and covers the major historical events in the years 1600 to 1850, as well as including maps, illustrations, and tales from each culture. Each Story of the World volume provides a full year of history study when combined with the Activity Book, Audiobook, and Tests-each available separately to accompany each volume of The Story of the World Text Book. Volume 3 Grade Recommendation: Grades 3-8.
- Author BiographySusan Wise Bauer is a writer, teacher, and historian. Her books include The Story of Science: From the Writings of Aristotle to the Big Bang Theory, The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home, The Well-Educated Mind: A Guide to the Classical Education You Never Had, the History of the World series (W. W. Norton) and the Story of the World series (Well-Trained Mind Press). She has a Ph.D. in American Studies from the College of William & Mary in Virginia, as well as an M.A. in seventeenth-century literature and a Master of Divinity in Ancient Near Eastern Languages and Literature. For fifteen years, she taught literature and composition at the College of William and Mary.
- Author(s)Susan Wise Bauer
- PublisherPeace Hill Press
- Date of Publication12/11/2004
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleStory of the World
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationCharles City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeace Hill Press
- Content NoteIllustrated throughout with black-and-white drawings and maps
- Weight550 g
- Width142 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $102.55
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.97
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.87
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $11.94
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.69
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $12.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.