All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA subject as moving and powerful as humanity's past should be inviting, and when it is told well, it is. Susan Wise Bauer succeeds in telling the captivating story of history with her best-selling history series. Parents and young readers have fallen in love with her narrative history, The Story of the World, and its accompanying Activity Book. Now teachers and home educators can take advantage of a new and valuable learning tool: the Tests and Answer Key package. Included are 42 tests: one for each chapter of The Story of the World. Perfect for evaluating comprehension and retention. The narrative format of The Story of the World helps children remember the famous people, places, and events in history. These tests offer you an easy way to make sure that your child is absorbing the important events from world history. A combination of multiple choice, matching, fill-in-the-blank, and short writing samples allow you to evaluate your child's retention and comprehension of key events in The Story of the World. The Tests package contains an answer key for all tests. These easy-to-use tests and answer keys, successfully used by hundreds of parents and teachers, provide an objective method for measuring retention of key facts, figures, and events from history. A combination of sequencing, matching, short-answer, and essay-style questions gives students a chance to show what they've learned. Used with The Story of the World Text Book and Activity Book (sold separately), the Test and Answer Key gives educators a complete history curriculum for their elementary school students.
- Author BiographySusan Wise Bauer is a writer, teacher, and historian. Her books include The Story of Science: From the Writings of Aristotle to the Big Bang Theory, The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home, The Well-Educated Mind: A Guide to the Classical Education You Never Had, the History of the World series (W. W. Norton) and the Story of the World series (Well-Trained Mind Press). She has a Ph.D. in American Studies from the College of William & Mary in Virginia, as well as an M.A. in seventeenth-century literature and a Master of Divinity in Ancient Near Eastern Languages and Literature. For fifteen years, she taught literature and composition at the College of William and Mary. Elizabeth Rountree has taught elementary school children for more than ten years. She lives and works outside of Richmond, Virginia.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Rountree,Susan Wise Bauer
- PublisherPeace Hill Press
- Date of Publication14/09/2007
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleStory of the World
- Place of PublicationCharles City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeace Hill Press
- Weight440 g
- Width218 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.