All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $12.19Trending at AU $15.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis spirited reading of the first in Susan Wise Bauer's Story of the World history series brings to life the stories and records of the peoples of ancient times. Now more than ever, other countries and customs affect our everyday lives-and our children need to learn about the people who live all around the globe. Susan Wise Bauer has provided a captivating guide to the history of the ancient world. Written in an engaging, straightforward manner, The Story of the World weaves world history into a storybook format. This volume covers the major historical events of the years 1850 to the late 1990s, from the reign of England's Queen Victoria to the collapse of the Berlin Wall. This Story of the World audiobook is a collaboration between Jim Weiss, whose voice has been described as liquid gold (CNN-TV), and Susan Wise Bauer, whose writing has been described as timeless and intelligent (Publishers Weekly). It may be used along with the print books (The Story of the World Volume 4 Text Book, Activity Book, and Tests; each sold separately), as a supplement to a traditional history curriculum, or independently. Approximately 12 hours on 11 CDs.
- Author BiographySusan Wise Bauer is a writer, teacher, and historian. Her books include The Story of Science: From the Writings of Aristotle to the Big Bang Theory, The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home, The Well-Educated Mind: A Guide to the Classical Education You Never Had, the History of the World series (W. W. Norton) and the Story of the World series (Well-Trained Mind Press). She has a Ph.D. in American Studies from the College of William & Mary in Virginia, as well as an M.A. in seventeenth-century literature and a Master of Divinity in Ancient Near Eastern Languages and Literature. For fifteen years, she taught literature and composition at the College of William and Mary. Jim Weiss's story recordings and books offer a welcoming doorway into the world's greatest stories from literature and history. His vivid retellings of the classics have received more than one hundred major awards from organizations such as the American Library Association, Parents' Choice Foundation, Oppenheim Toy Portfolio, and Film Advisory Board. More importantly, the stories form the heart of daily learning and meaningful entertainment in households and schools around the world.To hear Jim tell a story is to become swept up in the tale. He includes information about people and events behind the stories, and encourages children to read the original classics, on their own or with the help of more experienced readers. So listeners leave the storyteller's circle inspired to learn even more and to develop their own creative gifts. Jim Weiss believes the joy of reading, writing and creative activity begins in the presence of the storyteller.For performance availability, distribution information, or additional titles, please visit www.welltrainedmind.com or www.jimweiss.com.
- Author(s)Susan Wise Bauer
- PublisherPeace Hill Press
- Date of Publication17/05/2006
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleStory of the World
- Place of PublicationCharles City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeace Hill Press
- Weight310 g
- Width132 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Narrator(s)Jim Weiss
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.