All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Storyteller gathers for the first time the fiction of the legendary critic and philosopher Walter Benjamin, best kwn for his groundbreaking studies of culture and literature, including Illuminations, One-Way Street and The Arcades Project. His stories revel in the erotic tensions of city life, cross the threshold between rational and hallucinatory realms, celebrate the importance of games, and delve into the peculiar relationship between gambling and fortune-telling, and explore the themes that defined Benjamin. The vellas, fables, histories, aphorisms, parables and riddles in this collection are brought to life by the playful imagery of the modernist artist and Bauhaus figure Paul Klee.
- Author BiographyWalter Benjamin (1892-1940) was a German-Jewish Marxist literary critic, essayist, translator and philosopher. He was associated with the Frankfurt School of critical theory and is the author of Illuminations, The Arcades Project, and The Origin of German Tragic Drama. In 1940, he was in Spain, fleeing the Nazis and en route to the United States, when Franco's government cancelled his visa. Expecting repatriation, he took his own life.
- Author(s)Walter Benjamin
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication27/05/2016
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight367 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.35
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $17.89Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.